Best Order of Composing the Sections of a Research Paper

Best Order of Composing the Sections of a Research Paper. After implementing the proposed method and performing all the experimental analyses of it, its now the time to write a research paper. But now the problem arises that "FROM WHERE TO START". This post will solve your problem...

Best Order of Composing the Sections of a Research Paper

Order of Sections in a Published Research Paper

The below shown Fig 1 depicts the order of sections in a published research paper. In this order, the final paper is published. But using this order you can not write a research paper.

Order of Sections while Writing a Research Paper
Fig 1. Order of published paper

Order of Sections while Writing a Research Paper

Fig 2 shows the best order of writing sections in a research paper. It is suggested by most of the researcher and it is also found in their discoveries that it is more efficient to work on the draft of your paper from the middle of the sections rather than going from top to bottom i.e. Fig 1. By this approach, the flow of writing paper will never stop and the author won't get confused at any stage.
Order of Sections while Writing a Research Paper
Fig 2. Order of writing paper

Order of writing a research paper: WHY???

Before writing the research paper. It should be confirmed that three studies have been done completely. (a) The idea has been created and implemented (b) Idea has been tested and compared (c) Literature survey has been completed.
  • Proposed Technique: The idea is the first thing that needs to be discovered in any research. If the idea is discovered, implemented and results are generated and compared. Then it is the first and foremost task to write the idea in the research paper in the form of the proposed technique. Since you have worked on it, implemented it, tested it. So it won't take much time to write this section since you are fully aware of it.
To Understand "How to Write a Proposed Technique for a Research Paper" click here
  • Experimental Results and Discussion: The second step is to write experimental results and discussion sections. Since the proposed method is designed and implemented. Now is the time to generate the results and present them in the research paper. Do all the comparative analysis and discussion of results in the paper. This section takes much time to write, but it is not difficult to write as at this point in time all the necessary details are available.
  • Literature Review: The third step is to write the literature section. This is also a time taking process. It requires a lot of technical and writing knowledge to write a good literature section. Invest a good amount of time for writing this section.
The completion of the above three sections means that approximately 75% of a research paper is completed. Now the rest sections although hold 25% but they are the most important sections of the paper. Because by reading the introduction, abstract, and conclusion sections, the readers are further interested to read the full paper. Therefore it is required to invest a very good amount of time in writing the below sections.
  • Introduction: The fourth step is to write the introduction section. Invest a good amount of time for writing this section as most readers do read this section.
To Understand "How to Write an Introduction for a Research Paper" click here

  • Conclusion: The fifth step is to write the conclusion section. Here also you need to invest a good amount of time for writing this section as any reader of the same area must read this section.
To Understand "How to Write a Conclusion for a Research Paper" click here
  • Title & Abstract: The last step is to write the abstract section and then finally decide the title of the research paper. Here also you need to invest a good amount of time for writing this section as any reader of the same area must read this section.
To Understand "How to Write an Abstract for a Research Paper" click here


I hope this post was helpful to you for the understanding of composing sections of a research paper. The proposed order of composing sections is suggested by most of the researchers including me also. It is not mandatory that you have to follow this order. But I assure you that if you follow this order for writing the research paper then it will be definitely helpful and easy for you to write a research paper.



                For more image processing topics refer: https://www.gofastresearch.com/
Best Order of Composing the Sections of a Research Paper Best Order of Composing the Sections of a Research Paper Reviewed by Dr. Prabhishek Singh on May 04, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.